In this episode, we catch up with Tamara Schenk. She is a globally acknowledged sales enablement leader, analyst, advisor, award-winning blogger, and keynote speaker. Her experience spans twenty-five years in corporate leadership and includes designing the global sales enablement initiative for T-Systems where she led the global enablement and transformation team.
Prior to co-founding Bartlett Schenk & Co., Tamara was research director at CSO Insights. During this time, she led various global sales enablement studies and co-authored the book "Sales Enablement – A Master Framework to Engage, Equip, and Empower a World-Class Sales Force." Tamara also serves as a strategic advisor for Showpad.
These are some of the questions we're discussing:
- From your experience, do a lot of teams that you work with have a good idea of their buyer journey or is it an aha moment that they really focused on?
- What role does content play in really positioning your sales team and being a strategic advisor to the buyers?
- Do you think sales enablement should be owned by a senior leader? Or is it something that can be derived from the bottom up?
- What's the maturity level of an organisation before it makes sense to introduce sales enablement as a strategic initiative or as a strategic function?
- What makes enablement so hard for those people that are in the thick of it managing that function? What are the challenges associated with that role? What is something to consider for people who are considering moving into sales enablement?
- What's your take on frameworks and what frameworks have you seen work and work not so well with an organisation?
- Which role does technology play in successful sales enablement initiatives?
Here are some of the resources referenced in this episode.
- Tamara's book - Sales Enablement – A Master Framework to Engage, Equip, and Empower a World-Class Sales Force: https://www.amazon.com.au/Sales-Enablement-Framework-Empower-World-class/dp/1119440270/
- Sales enablement resources brought to you by Krueger Marketing: https://www.kruegermarketing.com/learn
- Connect with Tamara Schenk online: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tamaraschenk/
- Connect with Felix Krueger online: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hfkrueger/
Where to find The State of Sales Enablement:
- Website (subscriber exclusives can be found here) - http://thestateofsalesenablement.com/
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-state-of-sales-enablement-podcast/
- Apple Podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-state-of-sales-enablement/id1558307853
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/4ceCJYJLuCbTNbRTriOFpe?si=avn_E9EGSNu3gmHfoqJ_6g