Salaries are the single biggest cost item when building a sales department. So how can revenue leaders maximise the return on investment? Our guest in this week's episode is a legend of the noble profession that is sales enablement and he shares his keys to effective talent development. Please welcome the best-selling author of Sales Enablement 3.0, Roderick Jefferson.
These are some of the questions we discuss in this episode:
- Salaries are one of the largest cost items for any sales department. How can businesses be strategic about developing talent to protect their investment in sales talent?
- How can sales and sales enablement leaders go about analysing which capabilities and skills are required to execute a GTM strategy effectively?
- What is from your experience the most effective way to structure skills assessments on an individual level?
- Looking at all the levers available to nurture sales talent (such as onboarding programs, custom training, 3rd party training content, and coaching), how do sales and sales enablement leaders determine where to focus?
- How can sales leaders strike a balance between personalised and scalable talent development, especially in large corporations.
Here are some of the resources referenced in this episode:
- Roderick Jefferson on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/roderickjefferson/
- Roderick Jefferson on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roderick_j_associates/?hl=en
- Roderick's book - Sales Enablement 3.0: https://www.amazon.com/Sales-Enablement-3-0-Blueprint-Excellence/dp/1736190911
Where to find The State of Sales Enablement:
- Website (subscriber exclusives can be found here) - http://thestateofsalesenablement.com/
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-state-of-sales-enablement-podcast/
- Apple Podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-state-of-sales-enablement/id1558307853
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/4ceCJYJLuCbTNbRTriOFpe?si=avn_E9EGSNu3gmHfoqJ_6g