If the culture of a sales team is bad or even toxic, enablers fight a constant uphill battle. So how do you turn the culture of a sales team around to incentivise positive behaviors and ultimately set sellers up for success? In today's episode, we're joined by a special guest who has led major culture transformation projects. He'll share with us what the symptoms of a negative culture are, how to approach the transformation discussion with senior stakeholders, metrics to consider, and pitfalls to avoid. Please welcome the head of APJ Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement at AWS, Damien Lorschy.
Here are some of the questions we tackle:
- What is your definition of culture?
- What are some of the indicators that there is a problem with your sales culture?
- Let's talk about your journey in transforming your organisation's sales culture. What has been the insight in AWS' case that has led to the realisation that change is needed?
- How did you engage senior leadership to drive this project?
- Which steps have you taken after senior leadership support had been secured?
- What were some of the results you've seen after the roll-out?
- Can you share any topics that might help other Enablers drive a sales culture transformation project?
Here are some of the resources referenced in this episode:
Connect with Damien Lorschy on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/damien-lorschy/
Connect with Felix Krueger on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hfkrueger/
The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups https://www.amazon.com/Culture-Code-Secrets-Highly-Successful/dp/0804176981/
Walking the Talk by Carolyn Taylor: https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Talk-Carolyn-Taylor/dp/1847941575/
Where to find The State of Sales Enablement:
Website - http://thestateofsalesenablement.com/