The old saying, “Time is money,” couldn’t be more true for ramping up your new sales hires as quickly and effectively as possible. That's why sales onboarding is always a hot topic in Enablement.
In this week's episode, I'm joined by two experts who have previously designed high-performing onboarding programs.
They represent the two ends of the spectrum of onboarding programs, the large-scale data-driven onboarding approach required in global enterprises and the fast-moving agile approach required in the start-up world.
Please welcome IBM's Sales Enablement Leader for Australia, South East Asia, New Zealand, and Korea, Georgia Watson and Dandy's Head of Enablement, Devon McDermott.
Here are some of the questions we have covered:
- What makes a good onboarding program?
- How can businesses that hire sales reps without existing solution category expertise strike a balance between product training and other onboarding content?
- How do you ensure that your onboarding programs remain effective and improve over time?
- How do you go about designing a program that scales but accommodates cultural nuances as well as personal learning preferences?
- What are some of the innovations in onboarding you've come across?
- What resources can you recommend to our listeners if they want to learn how to design cutting-edge onboarding programs?
Here are some of the resources referenced in this episode:
Connect with Georgia Watson on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/georgiawatson/
Connect with Devon McDermott on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/devonmcdermott/
Connect with Felix Krueger on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hfkrueger/
Where to find The State of Sales Enablement:
Website - http://thestateofsalesenablement.com/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-state-of-sales-enablement-podcast/
Apple Podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-state-of-sales-enablement/id1558307853
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/4ceCJYJLuCbTNbRTriOFpe?si=avn_E9EGSNu3gmHfoqJ_6g