There comes a time when growing start-ups need to get serious about their investment in sales. Our guest in this week's episode is a fractional CRO who works with start-ups to build sales teams from scratch and enables them to drive growth. In our conversation, he shared how he approaches the challenge of starting with a blank slate, common misconceptions about building a sales team, and how he goes about finding the right talent. Please welcome Vince Zappula.
Here are some of the questions we cover:
- What sort of businesses do you build sales teams for?
- What are typically the steps you take to go from no sales team to high performing sales team.
- What are typical misconceptions about building a sales team?
- How easy or hard is it to find good sales talent in the markets you operate in?
- How do you ensure technical skills and cultural fit when hiring for sales roles?
Here are some of the resources referenced in this episode:
- Vince Zapula's LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vincezappula/
- Learn more about Vince's approach: https://salesxceleration.com/
- Connect with Felix Krueger online: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hfkrueger/
Where to find The State of Sales Enablement:
- Website - http://thestateofsalesenablement.com/
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-state-of-sales-enablement-podcast/
- Apple Podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-state-of-sales-enablement/id1558307853
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/4ceCJYJLuCbTNbRTriOFpe?si=avn_E9EGSNu3gmHfoqJ_6gfoqJ_6g