Our guest in this episode has been called a “web marketing guru” by the New York Times. The Story of how he was able to save his swimming pool company from the economic crash of 2008 has been featured in multiple books, publications, and stories around the world and is the centrepiece of his best-selling book, They Ask You Answer.
Today he is a highly sought after global speaker and consultant in the digital sales and marketing space, working with hundreds of brands.
In this episode, we'll catch up with Marcus Sheridan.
These are some of the questions we're discussing:
- How did you become the sales and marketing thought leader that you are today?
- Talk about how you prioritise common sense mindset in your practice.
- What do you tell cynics that say that the principles you teach won't work in the industry that they are in?
- Discuss the five fundamental subjects every buyer wants to research before they engage a company
- What is the number one piece of content?
- How do you then basically build the bridge between sales and marketing and help sales proactively utilise that content during the sales process?
- All the principles that you talk about would be considered inbound to a certain degree. Do you think there's stil room for outbound and if so, like how, and in what context?
- How would you say video fits into that whole sales journey?
- For sales leaders who want to utilise content better in their sales process, how do you think they should approach that conversation with their marketing counterparts to actually make it happen?
- Have you witnessed organisations going through the change the sales process?
- What are some of the tips you can share around running an effective sales campaign?
- How do you utilise content that can potentially set you apart from your competition?
- What is the role that technology plays in gathering intelligence and distributing content? What's the tech stack that allows you to start out by collaborating and communicating internally beyond the intelligence that's contained within the organisation? How do you use technology to scale that beyond that?
- What would you say are the top three things you can recommend sales leaders implement to hit the ground running in 2022?
Here are some of the resources referenced in this episode.
- Sales enablement resources brought to you by Krueger Marketing: https://www.kruegermarketing.com/learn
- Connect with Marcus Sheridanonline: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcussheridan/
- Connect with Felix Krueger online: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hfkrueger/
Where to find The State of Sales Enablement:
- Website (subscriber exclusives can be found here) - http://thestateofsalesenablement.com/
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-state-of-sales-enablement-podcast/
- Apple Podcasts - https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-state-of-sales-enablement/id1558307853
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/4ceCJYJLuCbTNbRTriOFpe?si=avn_E9EGSNu3gmHfoqJ_6g